I got over the rain years ago, and learned how to dress for it without wearing ugly Gortex and while looking reasonably fashionable. The 3 wet weather essentials are 1. a good umbrella 2. pair of waterproof boots 3. a positive attitude.
I've been searching on ebay and thrift stores for a pair of vintage high heeled rain boots and have finally found them on etsy.com! I was very excited to receive them in good shape and as described. I love them! I know traditional gum boots are all the rage right now. Especially the Hunter/Wellington variety. There is even a store on West 4th in Kitsilano called Gumdrops dedicated to rain boots. Yes cute and practical but flattering not so much. I admit it I have a pair that I wear to walk to work but change immediately into heels when I get to my office. Leather boots will work too as long as you spray them with a good waterproofing product.
Finally number 3 the positive attitude that I can't tell you where to get. I get mine from taking advantage of the great coffee the city has to offer and west coast pride.


No comments:
Post a Comment