Wednesday, January 9, 2008

nautical never sailed away

Splendid Lurex striped tank $52.00
MICHAEL Michael Kors Ranger patent bag $298.00

Coxswain Cardigan $118.00
Bica Cheia Sailor Wide-Legs $118.00

I thought that nautical look would have it's moment of trendiness then recede back into the closets of fashion's taste makers, I was sadly mistaken. Nautical is everywhere once again for spring. Club Monaco it bursting at the seems with nautical inspired clothing. Net-a-porter.com calls it a "style trend" for spring. I for one embrace this look done in small doses....you don't want to look to costumey (please no sailor hat, anchor shirt, sailor pant combo). I swing towards more of a nautical preppy look rather then a retro nautical look (anchors have become as over done as skulls). This look can be paired with another hot trend for spring bright colours. Instead of mixing your navy and white with red why not try bright yellow? Of course any nautical look would not be complete without a striped tee. If your concerned with the old stereotype that horizontal stripes make you look wider look for a skinny stripe that can actually hide flaws. It all depends on the stripe and cut of the top. Happy sailing!

No comments: