Monday, January 21, 2008

weekend addition


Well it was a special weekend for me because I celebrated a birthday. Not a big mile stone year, but a birthday none the less. I got special treatment all weekend. First I needed an outfit to go out with the ladies in. I found this awesome cashmere razor back sweater dress at Club Monaco. I had to double check with the sales girl that the price was right. $19 for 100% cashmere? Regularly priced at $349 now that's a bargain! The one problem was that being short the length went all the way down to my ankles and as any petite knows it's just not a good length. I hesitated back and forth on weather or not to cut it. I searched the internet but nothing conclusive that you could or couldn't cut cashmere. I went to a seamstress and she said that she could cut it but would only be able to make a regular hem. I decided to go for it. I worked out well! I was a little scared I would unravel during the night. I'm going to stitch along the cut to finish it when I have a chance.

The second outfit was out to brunch and a little shoe shopping. I've had this poncho/caplet/shawl in my closet for a couple of weeks...with the sun shining I thought it would be a good chic choice. We also stopped by my favorite thrift store to check out the used furniture. We bought a really sturdy vintage metal file cabinet for $15...and I found these amazing brown leather oxford style heels. Oh and of course my sweetest boyfriend ever treated me to a new pair of shoes!

No comments: