Friday, January 11, 2008

boho tech









Topshop rules. If Vancouver only had one, or at least if they shipped to Canada! I receive their fantastic Style Notes emails weekly and lovingly admire the British fashion with envy. Always right on top of what's current, and often ahead of the game. Boho always comes back every summer in one form or another. It's really hard to get away from it because it lends it's self so wonderfully with warm weather, sunny skies, and care free living. I jumped off the boho bandwagon years ago but still can't give up a few earthy pieces mostly in the form of accessories. I love wood jewellery, chunky stone rings and fringed scarfs.

I was excited to see what Topshop coins as the Boho Tech look. Described as "art clashes with fashion in Boho Tech, as splashes of dip dyed colour bleed over layers of modern Aztec print". "The hippy of the past has just stepped into the future".

I've put together a head to toe outfit from the plethora of Topshop pieces from the Boho Tech line. I've finished the look with a necklace from BC artist Ron Bazar. It's made from arbutus wood which is native to the West Coast of Canada. It's available at Object Design Wearable Art Gallery on Granville Island. One of Vancouver's best spot for unique handmade jewellery. Topshop does ship to the states so you could have it sent to a friend in the states or just jot to London for a quick shopping trip jeez I wish.

No comments: