Wednesday, January 16, 2008

oh la chanel



I went into the Chanel store on West Hastings and Hornby for the first time today. I love Chanel, I don't think I really need to explain why. I'm not into Dior, Prada, Versace just Chanel. I have to admit I was a little intimidated, but the staff was super nice and helpful. My birthday is on Sunday and I always start thinking about really splurging and treating myself around my birthday. I guess it's just an excuse. Last year I combined my birthday money with my boyfriends and got a really sweet silver Return To Tiffany pinky ring. I love it and is one piece of jewellery I wear on a regular basis. I was jealous when my fabulous friend was wearing his Chanel resin cuff that he not only got it in black but white as well. Lucky, lucky guy. I've been thinking about a piece of Chanel jewellery ever since. The store is sold out of my friends cuff, but they did have some very sweet resin and metal bracelets. I was surprised to see a collection of perfumes only sold in Chanel stores. I can't believe there is Chanel perfume I've never sniffed before. I wanted to try them all....but didn't want to go over board. I ended up randomly picking Coromandel that I sprayed on a little blotter then quickly realizing it was amazing and squirting on my wrist. I've been sniffing it all afternoon and it's always morphing into a new scent. Wonderfully oriental and woodsy. It's right up my alley. You can only purchase it in giant bottles but it's on my mind for sure. They also have the sought after Spring 2008 nailpolish in Blue Satin...only available in store. In my justification a piece of Chanel jewelery will never deprecate in value, and it's something you will have forever and that bottle of perfume will last forever. I know you can buy Chanel cheaper on ebay...but for some reason I just trust it....and like Tiffany's it's a shopping experience.

No comments: