


I wanted to post my Halloween costumes from this year (yes I had 3!) because they are all fashioned from vintage clothing and from everything I already owned. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I really get into the spirit. I love Halloween because it's an excuse to dress up any way you want and go out and have fun. There's no worry about gifts, and family and sentimental crap. It's just plain old good times.
The first was for a Day of the Dead party. I did a little research in to this traditional Mexican holiday and decided to go for more of a traditional Mexican outfit. Ok I know your supposed to paint your face like a skeleton but I just wanted to look cute so I went for more of a 50's pin up girl look. The skirt in actually made in Mexico and vintage from the 70's...it has a matching halter top. The black vest is vintage but the puffy red sleeved shirt is not. A few Velcro rollers in my hair and flowers, red lipstick and a fake mole (that was my boyfriends idea) and I'm ready to party!
The second costume was for work. Everyone on my floor really gets into it and my company throws a costume contest with pretty decent prizes. I had this dress and it just screamed retro waitress. I'm pretty sure it's from the 80's but it totally fit the bill. I also added the 50's cat eye glasses from a past costume. The perfect added touch. Throw on an apron rolled my hair, peep toe pumps and a name badge and I'm ready for work! I didn't win but I sure had fun playing the part.
My last and final costume was born from this fabulous 70's dress. It was for a Halloween party and seance that my boyfriend and I were having. A little bit goth (a little bit Loretta Lynn?), I knew with the right accessories it would look like a scary Victorian era vampire. The hat is original from the 50's and one of my cherished possession from my great grandmother. The minks are vintage as well and very creepy. There was a huge discussion at the party if anyone would actually dare to wear them out in public...I really don't know. Gloves, Gothic inspired makeup, sparky cross and a fan and I'm ready for tricks and treats!
Booooooooooo!
No comments:
Post a Comment