Thursday, November 22, 2007

glam ma









One of my favorite blogs to check out is Painfully Hip each week they put together Thrift Stars. I came across this picture of vitamininmotion and thought that's some serious vintage style. It reminds me of one of my favorite American shops Anthropologie which sadly does not ship to Canada. It actually looks like a old photo. This girl can rock the grandma look and look hot! I've added a few pictures of the granny look from Anthropologie for your viewing reference.

I got my thinking I should be more adventurous with the vintage clothing. I'm starting to wear less and less vintage as the second hand clothing shops get more and more expensive. I still love and appreciate it. I find the best places to shop dirt cheap thrift stores is Vancouver Island. In metro Vancouver it's so picked over because everyone wants it. I actually purchased a authentic Hermes scarf at a garage sale there. The cincher was that she new what she had but didn't mind parting with it. I keep hoping and praying that one day that quilted Chanel bag will just pop up at the local thrift ahhh a girl can dream.

No comments: