Tuesday, May 6, 2008
on target
I recently headed for the border for some cheap American shopping fun. I wasn't really sure what to expect as I haven't really ever been discount boarder shopping before (tragedy yes I know). I was half expecting not to find a thing as when I set out to shop I usually don't find what I'm looking for. I'm a very focused shopper who knows what she wants. We got a late start to the day and landed at the North Gate Mall about 1pm. We waded through the cheap stores, Wet Seal, Papaya, and Hollister. I manged to pick up a really cute satin full skirt for $20, and a $10 of cute cork wedges. We meandered through Nordstrom's and I spotted the Marc Jacob Sorbet Splash perfume I've been lusting after for $25 cheaper then in Vancouver! I could not resist. DSW shoes was a disappointment...not enough summer stock. Our final destination as time was running out was Target. I'm now a huge fan. I packed our cart with pieces from the affordable Mossimo line as well as the in store brand GO International. I ended up with a patterned satin shift dress, another circle skirt and a breezy summer top oh and the new Madonna CD all for under $100! I'm going to find it very hard to buy luxury goods here now that I know it's so much cheaper only hour and half away, but I was happy to be back to less urban sprawl and more independent mom and pop shops, there's only so much "bigger is better" one Canadian girl can handle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
i LOOOOVE shopping in the states.
You can get twice as much and twice as fast for the same time/money!
North Gate Mall?
I haven't heard of that...but I'd definitely like to check it out because of the shops you mentioned!
(;
Post a Comment