Monday, May 19, 2008



I'm heading off for a sunny vacation! I'm very excited to jump start the summer with some real sun action. I love putting together a vacation wardrobe. It's a fashion challenge. First on the agenda to consider where your going and what you will need to wear. This vacation will consist of lots of poolside hour time, a few outdoor activities and some night out dressy occasions. The key is to maximize the most amount of outfits out of a smallest amount of pieces. I don't want to fall victim to over packing. I came across this picture in a mag (sincere apologies for my atrocious photoshop skills...I'm still learning!). Siena Miller is the queen bee of easy breezy summer looks and this one is chic and stylish and makes for great fash-inspiration.

I already have a straw fedora hat (try the mens section of any department store). I found a version with a wider brim at Urban Outfitters as pictured. I will be wearing my St. Christopher's gold pendant on a long chain which I got for a gift. St. Christopher is the patron saint of travel and a good luck charm for me. The nice thing about this inspiration outfit is it's fairly basic so I'll I can add layers of bangles or big gold hoop earrings. I like to buy local jewellery as souvenirs. I'll be on the look out for ethnic seed beaded pieces, but you don't have to travel to far away places to get the souvenirs check out etsy.com for handmade jewellery. I found these great pieces pictured at Hokaiye's Shop. That brings me to the bathing suit oh joys. This could be a bathing suit or a dress but for the sake of my vacation it's a one piece layered over shorts. The one piece cut out is a hot look this summer. The trick is to find one with modern cuts. Low in the bust with the bottoms cut lower in the hips. I found a couple of versions at Urban Outfitters. And finally to top off the summer look a straw tote to hold your sunscreen, water, camera and VISA card. Ask your glama if she has a vintage one you can borrow or check out flea markets and ebay. The vintage ones are so much cuter. Joe Fresh over a Superstore re made a vintage version if you can't find the real deal. In the spirt of Sienna I've pictured a one from British online shop asos which ships to Canada.

I'll also make sure to pack walking sandals, wedges, 2 or 3 summer dresses, cut offs, shorts, sarong (can also be converted to a head scarf), light jacket, bikini, tank tops, and a breezy blouse that can be used as a bathing suit cover up. Ahhhhhh sunshine here I come!

No comments: