Sunday, February 24, 2008

what's old is new again


Well I'm disappointed to report that we didn't make it into FUSE or the dutil party due to looooong line-ups. I guess that's what happens in a city that nothing cool ever happens in. We did make it to a Gastown hot spot Six Acres for a friends birthday so the night wasn't a total loss.

I finally bought old/new furniture this weekend! We found a awesome 1960's kidney shaped coffee table in decent condition for $25 at the Wildlife Thrift store on Granville...secrets out people...I go about ever 2 weeks. EQ3 had a sale that was too good to miss. I purchased a floor model micro suede couch for 50% off as well as a queen size platform bed and headboard. I'm pretty proud of myself. The only downside is I got screwed around on delivery...I have to wait 6-8 weeks until my headboard is made (you custom pick your fabric) before I can have both items delivered for the $70 delivery fee. I was was hoping to get my couch now. But I guess when you buy below cost furniture you have to suffer with bad customer service.

Ok, ok back to the fashion here is a pic of my Sunday casual look. I almost never wear sneakers...but i was just into the comfort today. You can't tell by the picture but my high tops have pink elephants on them. Apparently elephants are lucky.

scarf: Army & Navy
jacket: The Bay
jeans: True Value Vintage
sneaks: Vans high tops from about 3 years ago

No comments: