Sunday, October 18, 2009

quilted lambskin







If I hear the words "recesionista", "cheap & cheerful", or "shop your closet" one more time I'm going to scream! I know, i know the worlds in an economic crisis and times are financially uncertain but really when does one draw the line between justifying the expense to pay for a luxury item? There's an interesting section in October's InStyle, "Wow & Forever". It got me thinking about Chanel (like I need an excuse) and it outlined why designer items are priced the way they are. Take Christain Louboutin Lizard Pumps...because of the nature of lizard skin it takes skill and a fine eye to make the shoes. The shape never goes out of style, and allot of science went in to the architecture of the shoe a slight toe platform aids in balance.

That brings us to the quilted iconic Chanel bag. It' take 15 people to carry out the 180 steps to create the bag. The history is so enticing. Coco Chanel first produced it 54 years ago, after admiring the quilted jackets worn by the stable boys at her lover's horse farm. The bag includes an outside pocket for "handy tipping" one inside pocket for beauty products and a hidden zippered compartment when Chanel herself kept her love letters - and a tube slot for lipstick!

Now I would never go as far as tattooing the iconic CC's onto my body, or adorning the CC's on my nails but I would sell my right arm for a bag.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbie ,just a little plastic ! L.O.L.

Anonymous said...

I like Nicole and love the pumps!

Kate Gene said...

I'm with Ms. Givens on this one! :)

xx,

Kate Gene
http://katiegene.blogspot.com/