Friday, January 16, 2009

ohlacherie's stuff to do picks





I'm adding a new regular feature to my blog. Every Friday (ok, don't quote me on that) I will sum up what I think looks like fun to check out around the city.

Live theatre and fresh air Lives Were Around Me is a live roving theatre production. This one man show by David McIntosh takes participants for a jaunt around gastown and the eastside weaving a story of that is deliberately vague and unclear. Starts every hour Tuesday 7-10pm Jan 13-Feb 24 at the Alibi Room. Check out Straight.com for more details on the show.

Ok I kinda wish I was getting hitched so I could check this out...but maybe I still will. It's Vancouver's first "Alternative" Wedding Show cause not everyone wants to get married in July at Brock House. Tixs are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. First 30 couples through the door receive a swag bag. Saturday Jan 17th at Heritage Hall.

I love going for breakfast and this place looks good. Deacon's Corner is a good old fashioned 2 eggs done they way you want, toast, hash browns and sausage kinda place. From the owner's of the popular Cobre this old fashioned diner is named after a diner in Winnipeg that host and owner Tyson Reimer’s grandfather once owned. Check out the Martini Boy's review for more info.

No comments: