Tuesday, January 27, 2009

off to grandmother's house




Even though I'm 30 years old I still love to go to my grandmothers house and root through her jewellery box. Some of my best memories of childhood involved this activity and playing dress up. This is where my love of fashion blossomed from, both my grandmothers are always looking tres chic and fabulous. I was at my grandmother house this weekend and she pulled out a box of necklaces and told me to take my pick! A bunch of them were actually made to my delight and surprise by my great grandmother who has passed on. She also gave me a fantastic snake skin purse that isn't vintage but oh so current! I'm loving the snakeskin prints for spring and have already purchased a belt...now I have a bag! A few pieces need fixing up, but I can't wait to wear the Indian inspired beaded piece!

No comments: