Sunday, August 24, 2008

this is bananas



If you've had your eye on a Banana Republic trench coat buy it now or forever hold your peace. BR is having a 30th anniversary sale (ends Aug 27th) and selected items are 30% this includes all jewellery which is why I treated myself to a sparkly little cubic zirconia pave band ring. It's half the size of the one pictured. I love that the stones go all the way around. I'm a hand talker and so it will sparkle from all angles. So what if it's not the real deal. The nice thing about BR jewellery is that in most cases they use sterling silver and real semi precious stones. So my ring won't tarnish and turn my hand green. I really hope the stones don't fall out. The sales lady mentioned that I should coat it in clear nail polish to make sure the stones don't fall out....not sure about that!

It's no secret that my dream engagement ring is the Tiffany shared-setting band ring with a full circle of round brilliant diamonds...I know it's technically a wedding band but I love it. This little sparkler will tide me over until then.

1 comment:

RoxyKitty said...

That purple coat is so hot! did you get a chance to go and get anything at the sale??

The reason I'm writing is that I work for Matchstick, a word of mouth marketing company based in Toronto. For the program I'm currently working on, we are looking for young, fashionistas chic, like you! Most importantly, I'm on the hunt for women who write popular blogs that discuss topics like fashion, health and beauty and savvy current events, with the hopes that they'd be willing to participate in a short survey about fragrance habits and opinions.

The survey won't take too much of your time. I'd love to get the chance to connect with you and get your valuable feedback!

Please feel free to email me at cynthia@matchstick.ca and you can let me know if you're interested in participating and how best to get in contact with you.
Thanks in advance,
Cynthia