Friday, August 15, 2008

sunnies



We took a long journey in the hot sun yesterday afternoon but it was well worth the intense heat combined with stifling public transit. The SPCA thrift store on West Broadway is a little hidden treasure chest full of loot. Forget about over priced consignment or vintage stores if you can stand a little disorganization and mess it's a virtual gold mine of stuff. It was a particularly great day because as my boyfriend and I were digging through the sunglass drawer he stumbled upon one glass case that wasn't empty and what was inside? Pristine vintage aviator Ray Ban sunglasses the real deal! I also dug up 5 other pairs of awesome vintage shades. The bronze looking metal ones are dated 78' and are older then me! The crazy purple ones are "made in France". I took my treasures to the check out to see how much...after the (very generous and nice) sales fellow looked over each pair plus 2 unique wooden bowls I found he popped out with the grand total of $8 bucks. Yes, $8 bucks!! I also purchased a practically new Calvin Klein circle skirt, and funky tie dyed scarf at the clothing store for $8. We almost thought are buying luck had run out but as you can see by the pictures we found the digital camera we wanted on sale at Future Shop as well!! It was a lucky day.





Here are a few celebs wearing similar styles as the vintage ones I found.

No comments: