Wednesday, August 13, 2008

working girl



I'm starting a new job on Monday (yea me) and can no longer wear jeans to work. It's not a super corporate environment but it's "business casual". It's got me concerned because for the last 4 years I've pretty much had clothing freedom in all aspects of my life. I absolutely refuse to wear boring black dress pants because I have no other choice. I just won't buy something because I can wear it to work I have to like it as well. After exhausting my stomping grounds of downtown I decided to venture to Metrotown to see what could be found. I had a mental list; skirt, pants, cardigan...how hard could that be? Ummm extremly. Everything was cheap looking and boring! I decided I would have to try something new so I wandered into Mexx. I don't often shop there but I was getting desperate. I'm so happy I did because I hit a a fantastic sale and picked up 2 skirts which I can mix and match in a neutral grey/brown colour both with interesting design details. I wanted to take pictures but my digital camera is on the fritz. Instead I've put together a little montage of my new work look. I think a skirt, cute blouse and cardigan is going to be my new uniform. I still haven't found THE PANTS but I did pick up a navy blue boyfriend cardigan from Zara.

No comments: