The search for a perfect pair of boots to get me through winter 08/09 has started. Officially. Last weekend a went to Aldo and tried on 2 pairs that didn't cut the mustard. Since my budget will only allow for one pair in the $150-250 range I've got to make the right decision. Something multi- functional that I can wear to work. It's a bit daunting. I tried on 3 pairs at browns as well, but for the price they seemed a bit flimsy. I definatly don't want a heel that is wrapped in leather one step in the wrong crack and your boots are crap. The right fit around the calf is key as well. 2 pairs also had buckles which are a huge trend al the the motorcycle boot. Buckles are great but then it's all buckle all the time.
Although these Frye boots make me want to break the budget!!

On a side note I came across a pair of half boots at Payless. I know there not leather and all that jazz band not really a true boot but I'm kinda digging the lace up style. Nine West makes a version that is actually suede, I think I might try them on....if I can find them here in Vancouver. While on the subject of payless - check out the styles from Alice & Olivia...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will get them in Vancouver...the Payless on Robson got a few of the Alice and Olivia styles for spring/summer. I can afford to splurge on these and not break my boot budget.
The weird twist is I will be pulling out my favorite boots for the 3rd winter which I purchased on ebay for $20. Vintage Italian leather never goes out of style
Happy boot hunting!
Alice & Olivia for Payless $48 (in US)

Nine West $189.00 (US)




No comments:
Post a Comment